- The safest ways to store gasoline
Please do not pump gasoline directly into a plastic bag, we’re begging you.
- Best travel accessories of 2022
A prepared traveler is a happy traveler.
- The best OLED TVs in 2022
Picking from the top of the television heap.
- JBL Reflect Flow Pro active sport earbuds review: Workout-approved true wireless
Use earbuds that are just as dynamic as your next workout.
- The best snow blowers of 2022
Snowed in? Dig in here so you can dig out in a hurry with the best snow blower to clear your driveway in no time.
- ‘Hate is addictive’: TikTok’s new policies might do little for LGBTQ users’ safety
While LGBTQ advocates applaud the moves, they call for more impactful changes across social media platforms.
- Manage crypto taxes with ease using this highly-rated accounting software
Don’t let taxes rain on your crypto parade.
- Behold, the tapir frog’s magnificent snout
Long snoot, small squeak.
- Meet the mysterious particle that’s the dark horse in dark matter
The search for elusive axions reaches a critical mass.
- A comprehensive guide to using social media when your safety’s at risk
The more security barriers you put up, the harder it is for someone to get through.
- Russian forces just captured Chernobyl. What are the radioactive risks?
The facility suffered a catastrophic meltdown in 1986, but actual nuclear weapons represent a more concerning atomic threat.
- Don’t blame national forests for America’s massive wildfires
“If our goal is to protect communities, we have to do this work right around home,” says land policy expert Courtney Schultz.
- Ancient DNA paints a vivid picture of early humans in Africa
Archaeologists mapped migration across sub-Saharan Africa with genetic material that dates back tens of thousands of years.
- How to back up your iPhone
Whether it’s to a local drive or the cloud, learning how to back up your iPhone could save you a big headache.
- Meta’s new ‘system cards’ make Instagram’s AI algorithm a little less mysterious
The company’s latest attempt to make internal operations more transparent follows months of regulatory scrutiny over its algorithms.
- Optimize your Twitter feed with these 10 browser extensions
Take your tweeting experience to the next level.
- A new kind of COVID vaccine could soon be available internationally
GlaxoSmithKline and Sanofi’s vaccine showed 100 percent efficacy against severe COVID.
- Best QLED TVs of 2022
If you want the best balance of brightness, contrast, and color accuracy, you should start checking out the best QLED TVs.
- The best retractable dog leashes of 2022
These reliable leashes are required equipment for adventures with your pooch.
- This Walmart+ exclusive sales event includes PS5 and Xbox Series X
Score impressive discounts of up to 40% with a Walmart+ membership.
- Most roadside litter comes from just down the street
Everyone has a role to play in keeping plastic out of ecosystems.
- This smart pen that transcribes notes to your computer is on sale for $29 off
This smart pen that transcribes notes to your computer is on sale for $29 off.
- The best dog ear cleaners of 2022
Your pup’s ears could use a good cleaning to keep them happy and healthy.
- These shape-shifting robots could make for great furniture in space
The electromagnetic bot blocks could be handy for building in those tight quarters aboard spacecraft.
- Dust clouds are killing people out West—and the dangers could spread
A team of scientists takes on the big threats posed by tiny particles out West.
- The best ways to teach and talk about climate change with kids
Your approach should involve both science and emotion.
- Tesla got fined for polluting (again)
The car company’s Fremont plant violated the Clean Air Act and will pay a penalty of $275,000.
- It was probably springtime when an asteroid did the dinosaurs in
At that time of year, dinosaurs may have been the most vulnerable.
- The best dog food delivery services of 2022
Get your pooch the nutrition they need without a trip to the store.
- The best reusable straws of 2022
Ditch the plastic and paper tubes for something less wasteful and more enjoyable to use.
- The lowest-effort skincare routine that will still make your skin glow
Know the difference between what your skin needs and what just feels nice.
- What a key natural-gas pipeline has to do with the Russia-Ukraine crisis
Here’s why Germany rescinded its certification of the Nord Stream 2 pipeline as tensions continue to get even hotter.
- What the recording of a dying human brain could tell us
First-of-its-kind data may hint at life flashing before a man’s eyes.
- An experienced backpacker’s guide for flying with camping gear
What to know about bringing outdoor gear on planes.
- There’s a lot we don’t know about the International Space Station’s ocean grave
The 450-ton station will follow a long line of retired spacecraft that have been laid to rest in the marine ‘space cemetery.’
- Display digital art across your home with these NFT frames on sale
Your NFTs shouldn’t live inside of your computer.
- PopSci’s spring issue has all the dirt
Just in time for spring cleaning, we’re digging deep into the secrets hidden in our filthiest messes.
- The inside scoop on Apollo 10’s infamous floating turd
Plus other fun facts from The Weirdest Thing I Learned This Week.
- Enhance your workouts with ‘invisible exercise’ and brain training
The new book “The Expectation Effect” aims to help people harness the mind-body connection to improve their lives.
- AT&T just shut down its 3G network. Here’s how it could affect your car.
The company is sunsetting 3G service nationwide, blacking out millions of connected vehicles in the process.
- See Hubble’s captures of real-life star wars
When galaxies rip each other apart, they leave an explosion of bright baby stars.
- ‘Stealth Omicron’ is spreading slowly in the US
Mutations are normal in common viruses, but that doesn’t mean they’re all harmless.
- How public opinion can help shape climate policies
Fighting climate change on a personal level works in a surprising way.
- This miniature rocket could be the first NASA craft launched from Mars
Lockheed Martin will build the vehicle, which should only be about 10 feet tall. Eventually, NASA wants to literally throw it into the Martian atmosphere.
- Is a wireless charger better? Here’s how to decide.
Charge your gadgets up the right way.
- A 500-pound black bear keeps breaking into California homes. What’s next?
The large bear associates neighborhoods with easy access to food.
- Grab these Presidents Day TV deals before they’re gone
Get more pixels at lower prices with these 4K TV sales.
- The best stereo speakers of 2022
From streaming soundbars to tall-and-mighty towers, here are the best stereo speakers to fill any space with sound (and keep your wallet full, too).
- Inside the technicolor factory where Jelly Belly makes its beans
Jelly Belly has mastered making flavors so real they can confound the senses.
- This heated jacket is made from the world’s most conductive material
It’s stronger than steel too.
- Will the world run out of COVID vaccines?
A Johnson & Johnson plant has temporarily halted vaccine production, but alternatives are piling up.